I almost forgot about posting! It’s been a crazy week. BB missed school twice this week (once for a cough, and once for what we thought was a stomach virus but was really “candyitis” – resulting from his eating ridiculous amounts of gingerbread house candy decorations at school – fun times), so I really don’t know which day it is. We’re getting ready for Christmas, making our lists and checking them about a thousand times. I’ve closed the Etsy shop for the next few weeks, but I’m hoping to get a couple of more posts in before the new year. Here are a few things on my mind this week:
1. BG is three! We celebrated her birthday this week. When we went to get her out of bed on her birthday morning, she greeted us with, “Hey. (pause) HEEEEEEEEYYYYYYY! I’M THREE!” That pretty much set the tone for the rest of the day, which was filled with fun, Frozen, and strawberry cake with strawberry frosting. When we asked her a month ago what kind of cake she wanted, she told us, very specifically, “I want a pink cake. You just take the red strawberries, and then they turn into PINK!” It’s true – it worked!
2. Organza. This week, I’ve been working on a little dress rehab for a friend. She will be in a wedding at the end of the month, and she wanted me to add sleeves to a strapless dress. I thought it would be a quick project, but the perfectionist in me came out. She will be in front of a lot of people! And there will be photos – so many photos! I worked with organza for the first time since this project, and it was really hard, but I learned a lot. Look for a post with all the details soon.
3. This post on Humans of New York has inspired me so much this week. (I also really liked this one.)
4. Puzzles. We’ve been on a puzzle kick lately. Our library has a cart of puzzles by the door for patrons to leave a puzzle or pick up a puzzle for free. (I picked up this one today.) BB and BG are surprisingly good at them – yes, even the 3 year old is able to find matching pieces and place some of them correctly. This feels like a milestone, like we’ve entered into a new phase of having kids, the phase where we play games and work puzzles and read chapter books together. I love this phase.
5. Christmas Card Outtakes cracked me up.
I’m off to go have another slice of strawberry cake with strawberry frosting. Hope you have a lovely weekend!
4 thoughts on “Five Things”
I loved all your different topics. Congrats on figuring out the organza – that should be a good post! And I loved the Humans of New York. I spent a fair amount of time reading the stories. They were really interesting.
Those Christmas outtakes cracked me up too – unfortunately most of them are pretty normal!
I love humans of New York the one about the library was awesome.
Yes! One of my favorite daily reads.