Wow! Thanks so much for the response to the giveaway that started yesterday and for your kind words – they were so encouraging and meant to much!
It’s been a full and fun week around here – we’re still in a sweet spot of structure and freedom that makes me smile at the end of the day. Here are a few things on my mind:
1. School (again). BB had his first day this week. The first words out of his mouth at pickup were “Kindergarten is EXHAUSTING!” He loved it! He has a buddy from preschool that sits next to him on the rug and whose cubby is right by his. I don’t think we could have asked for a better start to the year. (And you’ve probably seen this – Back to School: The 70s vs. Today – cracked me up.)
2. The Americans. Since we finished Season One of Orphan Black and can’t watch Season Two on Amazon Prime yet, we had to find something else. This show is fascinating – married Russian spies living in the suburbs of DC, across the street from an FBI agent, living their daily lives, carrying out their missions. The events of the Cold War and the Reagan Administration are interesting, but the story line of their marriage is the most captivating. (I’m not going to lie – it’s also pretty fun to see what Elizabeth wears – bodysuits, high-waisted Guess jeans, sweater vests, hair pulled over one shoulder like Brooke Shields. Totally awesome.)
3. Spiralizing. I KNOW! It all started with this recipe from The Londoner that looked so delicious I had to try it. Made it tonight for dinner. AMAZING. As I was reading reviews to find the best (small) spiralizer, I came across these recipes. Oh. My. Goodness. I want to eat them all, preferably right this very minute. Have you ever used one? Any tips you can share? I’d love to hear.
4. This quote. I’ve been thinking about it so much this week – there’s a lot going on, lots of good stuff, but I’ve really been trying to go SLOW, to shun perfectionism, and to “unitask” – and there seems to be enough time to get things done. Some things have fallen behind – checking Instagram, reading ALL of my Facebook feed, staying up-to-date on blogs. They are fun, they are inspiring, they can be connecting, but they aren’t LIFE, so should I really feel “behind” when I’m making time for other things – for my priorities? I’m shifting my mindset to see them with a better perspective – something fun to check in on every once in a while, nothing mandatory, and definitely not something to get stressed about. Not that I’ve ever felt stressed because I was “behind” on Facebook. (Ahem.)
5. Labor Day. Three Day Weekend. YES PLEASE!
What are you up to this weekend? Ours will be busy as I get ready to open the shop next Tuesday! Thanks for reading!
PS – There are still a few more days to enter the giveaway for the Fancy Red necklace and Marquise Gold earrings. Head over to this post to comment (up to 4 times) for your chance to win!