Happy Friday! It’s been a productive week around here, and I’m looking forward to a little downtime this weekend.
Here’s what’s on my mind:
1. Thinset. It’s on my mind, on my hands, and in my hair and under my fingernails. I’ve been working with a good friend (along with my electrician-DIY-handyman-brother in Tennessee via text) this week on a tile project at BB’s preschool. These two have been my heroes this week.
2. Pizza. I shared my favorite crust recipe yesterday. I try to buy pizza sauce at the grocery store, but I usually forget to buy it during my weekly trip and have to run out on Friday afternoon to pick some up. A few Fridays ago, I found this recipe, and it only called for ingredients I already had in the cabinet (I usually skip the sugar). It’s simple and yummy. Unless we’re having people over, I only make one pizza, so I use half the sauce and freeze the rest for the following week. Friday Night Pizza Night!
3. Vintage. I just thrifted this dress, and I just finished this book. The dress is super cute – can’t wait to wear it on vacation this summer – and the book was a good summer read – light and happy, and I loved the descriptions of the vintage pieces. Makes me want to own a vintage shop.
4. Free Play. I keep reading great articles on summer and parenting. Free play was in abundance this week (see #1 above), and I was amazed at how well they played, interacted, solved problems, and created new games and activities on their own. This article highlights all that’s good about it.
5. Date Night. Husband has a work party at a winery, and I’m looking forward to it, even though I’m still trying to figure out what to wear. Do I have time to squeeze a little sewing in this weekend?
Have a great weekend! Thanks for reading!