This is our ceiling fan. This is the way it has looked for the past, oh, 3 years maybe? (Yes, I know, procrastination strikes again!) It used to have 4 glass fixtures on it, but I didn’t like them. I saw this idea last year, and I started looking for a black lampshade to match the others in our bedroom. I have still not come across one large enough to work.
Then I thought of those clip-on shades that go on chandeliers. Not a bad idea, but I couldn’t find those anywhere either, and when I looked into ordering them, they were a little more than I was wanting to spend, considering I wasn’t even sure they would work. Then one day I found some at IKEA (good price), but I couldn’t find 4 that matched. Oy!
Then one glorious day, I saw these at a thrift store. A set of 4 for $1 each. Yes! They’ve been sitting in the garage, waiting patiently for their turn to shine. The Thrift Project is their time. I picked up some black craft paint at Joann and, using a craft sponge brush, got to work. The main sections of the shades are paper, and the edging is fabric, but I just painted over all of it as if it were the same.
Ta-da! SO much better. (Yes, I have a lime green bedroom – Lime Rickey by Sherwin Williams. Yes, I chose that color on purpose.)